Hate your job? Your boss give you anxiety? Need a way to escape? Here are 15 tips to reduce stress on the job. Use these whenever you feel yourself slipping into a work depression and need a pick me up.
- Listen to music– If you can listen to music at work or even during your break time, listen to your favorite playlist to keep your spirits up and enjoy a mental escape
- Take a walk- during your break or lunch take a walk down the street or around the building. This will help clear your head and release anguish.
- Look at pictures– keep pictures of family and friends at your desk or scroll through your pictures on your phone. This will remind you of the good times you’ve had and help you forget the bad times at your job.
- Journal-Write down your thoughts, ambitions, or ideas. You can also write a letter to your boss with everything you want to say to them. (Guard your journal with your life. Do not, I repeat, do not show anyone or leave your journal lying around for anyone to see it)
- Socialize– walk around the office and catch up with your co-workers. Socializing can help lighten the mood and help you get to know your co workers a little bit better.
- Breathe-Take 5, 5 second breaths in and out. You will feel reenergized and at peace.
- Pray/ Meditate– If you are a spiritual person the best thing you can do is pray. Lean on your spiritual journey for guidance. Meditate and pray every morning to start the day on a positive note.
- Get enough sleep– If you have a grueling job physically or mentally, your body needs to be prepared and at its best. Make sure you are getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep everyday so your mind and body can be optimized and you can stay positive during the day.
- Get to work before your boss- Most successful people start their day early. Get to work before your boss if possible to have uninterrupted work time.
- Bring snacks- Food always makes people feel better. Bring your favorite snack as well as healthy snacks that will give you an energy boost!
- Write down affirmations and post them– Get some sticky notes and write down empowering quotes/affirmations that give you confidence and help you look to the future instead of your current situation.
- Have a system for managing emails– Emails can be over whelming especially if you have a boss or co-workers that are irritating sending you senseless emails day after day. Find a system that works for you, maybe you only check emails 3 times a day for 30 mins at a time. That will leave time for other things and keep your mind clear.
- Stretch– No matter what you do for a living, make time for a stretch break. 10 mins of stretching can go a long way and loosen the tension in your body you build up from a sucky job.
- Plan ahead– Think about the bad things that could come up during the day and try to have a plan to combat it. If you know that customer you hate comes in at a certain time every day. Think about how you are going to address them before they get there so you are prepared and confident.
- Give to others– This can be personal or professional. Clean out your closet and give away those clothes you don’t wear anymore. Maybe there’s a new co-worker that needs help with training, give them your expertise. Giving to others will make you feel better about your situation and help you appreciate making money!
Want more work tips? Subscribe to Millennimom using the subscription box in the side panel!
Have other ways to destress at work? Let us know! Comment below!!